A series of maps created for the final assignment of GISC 403 in the MGIS programme.
- 10 maps of the Tasman region, created for the final assignment of GISC 403
- Contains topographical, locational, statistical, a web map and 'non traditional' maps
- Designed with a tourist audience in mind
As part of the final assignment of the Cartography and Visualization course on the Masters in Geographic Information Science programme, we created an atlas of a chosen region of New Zealand.
It needed to include a topographical, locational, statistical and non traditional web map. I created a tourist orientated atlas guide to the Tasman region, which included a subset of maps specifically for the Abel Tasman National Park.
List of Maps
- Locational Map
- Regional Topographical Map
- Lake Rotoroa and Rotoiti
- Towns of Tasman
- Great Taste Cycle Trail
- Abel Tasman National Park Topographical Map
- Abel Tasman Track Elevation Profile
- Abel Tasman Amenity Web Map
- Torrent Bay Photo Map
- Accommodation and Food Services (statistical map)
Data: Statistics New Zealand (statistical data), University of Otago School of Surveying (Digital Elevation Model), Land Information New Zealand (topographic data)
Software: ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online (web map), QGIS, Adobe Photoshop (layout, labelling), Microsoft Excel (graph)
Fonts: Montserrat, Raleway